As we gear up to host Valentine Porchfest KC in the neighborhood on May 18, please walk your block and pick up any trash you see.
City Yard Waste pickup is April 15. These are the guidelines per KCMO:
Curbside Leaf and Brush Collection Rules:
- Sacks and bundles should be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the regularly-scheduled trash day.
- No more than 20 sacks and bundles per household.
- Sacks and bundles must not weigh more than 40 pounds each.
- Use only paper lawn debris sacks. No plastic bags.
- If you seal the sacks, use masking tape only; do not use plastic or duct tape.
- No grass clippings. No trash.
- All branches must be bundled. Branches must not be more than 3 inches in diameter.
- Bundles of branches must not be more than 2 feet in diameter and not more than 4 feet long.
- Use twine or jute rope to tie bundles; do not use wire or plastic tape.
- If wet weather is forecast, cover sacks and bundles with clear plastic.
If sacks and bundles are not collected on the scheduled trash day, residents must call the 311 Call Center within 24 hours. For questions or to report service-related issues, please call 311 or 816.513.1313.
Don’t forget about Valentine Porchfest on May 18! Invite your friends and family to join us in the neighborhood as we host bands and artists from all over the city to showcase their talents on neighborhood porches. The committee putting on this year’s event will have porta-potties and trash receptacles throughout the neighborhood to help minimize any waste left behind. There will also be off-duty police security working the event. To learn more about the event, visit ValentinePorchfestKC.com.
Our annual dumpster day is May 25th for DUES PAYING members of VNA! Clean out your attics, basements and garages of any unwanted items. We will be sending more details on dumpster day in next month’s email, so stay tuned. In the meantime, if you haven’t paid your dues for 2019, click here: Pay Now
It’s SPRING and it’s time to start getting out and enjoying the weather and time with our neighbors, which means it’s time for our first Thirsty Thursday in the neighborhood. We will host Thirsty Thursday on the Third Thursday of each month. Make sure you subscribe to the email list at the link in the menu at the top of the page for details on future events!