The Valentine Neighborhood Association works on a number of different levels to improve the quality of life in our neighborhood. By joining VNA, you pay minimal dues of $25 per household per year. Your dues help us to pay for our activities. Some of our current activities, supported by your membership, include:
- Sponsoring a variety of social events such as the Valentine’s Day party, a progressive dinner, the Fourth of July parade and party, Christmas Luminaria and the Holiday Party and other events
- Representing the interests of Valentine before the city and state government, in Kansas City neighborhood organizations, and other relevant venues
- Working on crime reduction with the Kansas City Police Department, Broadway Westport Council and other groups
- Representing Valentine neighbors while dealing with area businesses
- Writing and distributing an email newsletter and printed newsletters
- Creating and updating this website
- Supporting other area organizations including Dance in the Park and the Writer’s Place
Your dues will help us be more effective in our work. Please join VNA today.
The Valentine Neighborhood Association is a 501 (c) (3) exempt organization. This means donations, including voluntary dues, are tax deductible. Consult your tax advisor. Click here for the IRS Letter of Designation.
Kansas City Life renters: Kansas City Life pays dues for all of their tenants. These dues provide a major source of support for neighborhood activities and events. If you rent from Kansas City Life, your dues are paid and you are a welcome and important part of the neighborhood. We hope you will join us for meetings, parties and other neighborhood events. Please email us your name, address, phone and email by clicking here.
Newsletter delivery: To save money and trees, Valentine has a paperless newsletter system. That means it’s important for us to have your email address so we can keep you up to date with news, safety information and important announcements. Please indicate on the dues form if you do not have email and we will continue to deliver a paper newsletter to you.
Dues can be paid anytime, but we consider February 14th, Valentine’s Day, as “the due date.” You can send in your dues by mail or online. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Pay dues by mail:
Please open and print this form (VNA Dues Form) and mail it to the address on the form with a check. Thank-you.
Follow this link to our Square Market and place an order for “Annual Membership Dues” by clicking on the green icon.